Saturday, September 1, 2007

Week 4 -- Bloglines (and lines and lines and lines)

There might be too many RSS feeds out there to subscribe to -- I had to stop myself before I became overwhelmed. I was really looking forward to this week, because I kept hearing about RSS, and I kind of understood it, but never really understood how to make it work for me. An aggregator like Bloglines makes it very easy for me (although still overwhelming). I found it very easy to use Bloglines and subscribe to new feeds, especially once I figured out how to optimize my searching. I also used their directory when I was first searching for feeds, which I liked for certain subjects. I subscribed to a few library feeds -- my favorite is Pop Goes the Library, which has lots of programming ideas, and I also like Library Garden, which has a big variety of library-related news, articles etc. I also subscribed to a couple of PLCMC's Reader's Club review feeds, as well as the NY Times Book Review. Plus Salon.com, Slate.com, Slashdot, Wired -- the list goes on and on! I'll never have time to read all of this!

No comments: